Sunday, October 14, 2007

New Influencers: The Talkers


Chapter 8 of The New Influencers titled The Talkers has really helped to shed some light on what podcasting is. Until this year podcasting was a new thing to me. I had heard of it before but never knew the benefits of it, or what exactly could be done with it. I just learned in this class this semester that it could be used to help teach class. We have to listen to podcasts for homework and now we even have to create our own podcast. This is going to be a great assignment because other people will be able to here our thoughts.

I have to admit during this past Thursday's class I was overwhelmed with how much work it took to edit the sample podcast. I sat there for forty-five minutes working on it and still did not finish. But, even though it took me a while I have witnessed the great benefits that can come from podcasting.

First take Paige Heninger and Gretchen Vogelzang, from chapter 8 of The New Influencers, they were two normal women who made it big by podcasting. Also, look at all the companies that have gotten word out about themselves through podcasting. Technology continues to keep being an amazing thing. It just keeps increasing and getting more and more interesting everyday. It is hard to imagine what technology is going to bring to us next. I'm sure podcasting will continue to grow and someday everyone will know how to do it. When/If this happens everyone would be able to get their word out!

No comments: