Sunday, October 28, 2007

Facebook on Blackberry's


I guess in an attempt to diversify and reach an older crowd, Facebook will now be a presetting on new Blackberry cellphones. According to the article Facebook Comes to the Blackberry this feature is still going to allow people to do all the same things that can be done on a regular computer, but it is not going to look as cluttered.

I think that this is going to really help Facebook grow. While some younger people have Blackberry's they are mostly used by an older and more business crowd. If I had a Blackberry with this feature I would definitely use it. Technology is coming right to the palm of people's hands. It does not surprise me that Facebook decided to take this step.

One thing that I wonder about though is that Facebook has really gotten away from their original audience as of late. The site started as a college social networking site and has branched out allowing everyone to use it. Is this just because it is growing? Is this because they are trying to compete with myspace? And will this branching out hurt or help the site?

I think that this is a really good idea. What do you think?

1 comment:

BlairL84 said...

I think it's a pretty good idea, makes things a lot easier. I have a Dash, which is also a PDA/smartphone, and it's very similar to a blackberry. I was on facebook on my phone the other day and it asked if I wanted to download the Facebook Blackberry feature. I thought it was weird bc I don't have a blackberry, but ya, I think it would be pretty neat.