Monday, November 12, 2007

Stupid Filter!


How many of you out there are tired of getting ridiculous comments on your blogs, myspace, facebook, whatever? It seems that this problem may be able to be alleviated in the future. I was reading an article titled, "
StupidFilter Blocks Comments Online" and it states that this stupid filter will be able to block dumb comments from appearing on people's pages.

What this new creation will basically do is keep those unwanted messages off of your page by separating the good messages from the bad. If it senses that a person's comment is no good it will not allow them to post a message, until they reword it to make sense and be relevant.

I don't know how many times I have gotten really dumb comments and have had to erase them. It is both annoying and time consuming. But, at the same time sometimes I like those comments that only make sense to me. What if me and my friends have something that only we get, is this stupid filter going to block those things just because it doesn't understand them? Also sometimes I don't make the most sense when I write. I think that I will get a lot of messages that say I have to reword the things that I am writing to make more sense.

In the long run I think that this will end up being more annoying than anything.I would rather take the time to go and clean out my unwanted comments. Not to mention that this filtering could cause a big uproar. This product is going to need some PR help after a large group of people are angered for being called stupid. What exactly defines a stupid comment anyway and why should a tool online get to decide that? Shouldn't the person who has the comment left on their page get to decide that? I don't think that this filtering will last for very long... What do y'all think?

No comments: